Help your horse be the best he can be.
For the Rider
- A stronger, more stable core allows for better balance, which allows greater flexibility.
- A stronger, more stable core helps you avoid collapsing, twisting, bouncing, or bobbing your body in the saddle so you can better control your horse.
- A stronger, more stable core helps you absorb the horse’s movement.
- A stronger, more stable core and more flexible back provides resilience to injury.
- Better posture helps you improve and strengthen your seat
- Improved body awareness
- Better health and comfort during and after your ride
For the Horse
- Your horse will automatically do what you want because you’ll be in alignment, which allows your horse to be in alignment.
- Your horse will trust your communication. You won’t be contradicting yourself!
- Your horse will be better able to respond to your commands because he is in alignment for his own body as well as being in alignment with you. The static is off the line!
Conditioning: Pilates for Riders conditions you, the equestrian athlete, through a series of exercises specifically designed to teach proper form and alignment while also increasing strength, balance, and flexibility.
Muscle Improvement: Pilates for Riders doesn’t teach you how to ride, but helps you gain a better understanding of your deep, postural muscles and how improving these muscles is vital for riding.
New abilities: Once you understand how these muscles work off the horse, you will then be able to focus on the effective use of your new abilities while riding. This is the beginning of a harmonious ride – one in which you move in tandem and grace with your horse.
Increased riding pleasure: This experience increases your riding pleasure, makes your horse happier and more responsive, and improves communication.
As a result, Pilates for Riders helps take you to a whole new level in one of the most important relationships in your life – the one between you and your horse.