Pilates is an exercise system using slow, controlled, movements to build flexibility, endurance and strength. Use of Pilates develops long, lean muscles in the legs and arms, while toning your abdominals and back. With emphasis on spinal and pelvic alignment, your core is strengthened safely as your balance and coordination improve. Pilates works all the muscle groups of your body in balance with each other. Proper breathing is taught throughout all Pilates exercise to maximize oxygen flow and relieve stress. Pilates is a flexible system, allowing for modification of each movement to meet you at your own level of fitness.
5 Reasons to Try Pilates
1. Your core will be stabilized for better balance and resilience to injury.
2. Your body will be evenly conditioned to a higher fitness level.
3. You will increase flexibility in your joints and back.
4. Your posture will be improved from the inside out.
5. You will learn how to properly align your body in motion and at rest.
The total benefit of Pilates is an improvement in your ability to move through all of your life’s activities.